S.T.E.P.S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Simple Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sergeant Volt
Co-Admin
Sergeant Volt

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-10-13

A Simple Question Empty
PostSubject: A Simple Question   A Simple Question I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:07 am

Hey, Interceptor. This may be somewhat off-topic but I wasn't sure where else I could post this. Anyway I was wondering if you'd be interested in having an episodic horror story posted on the site? I would be the author and each week or so I'd post an 'episode' (chapter) of the story somewhere on the site. Not only will this bring some new content to the site but it will also be something for members to entertain themselves while they're not discussing 'real-life' supernatural stories. Please let me know if you think it's a good idea and I'll try to submit the first episode next week.

I have in fact started preparing a basic plotline and characters, locations, etc for the story. The genre for the episodes is 'horror' (obviously) and there may be around 10 to 15 episodes per series, depending on how popular the collection becomes. I can reveal a few minor details about the story but I'm not the kind of guy that explains everything on the first day...

The main protagonist is named Jared Lupo (pictured in my avatar), a 22 year-old resident of a small town called Blackwood. In regards to the setting, most of the events from the beginning of the story take place in Australia (specifically the state of Victoria) and will involve some fictional and some historically accurate locations (quite possibly Walhalla at some stage). As this is a horror story, many of the elements involved with the plot are rather mature (definately not for the youngsters) and will most certainly involve some bloody scenes and instances of terror. So unless you're at least 18 years-old and 'really into ghosts' (why else would you be here?), there is a great likelihood you won't enjoy the story at all.

Those who don't like long introductions may want to skip the first episode, however you will probably be missing out on some major plot points. I can't rightly jump right in and start talking about ghostly battles atop a haunted castle at the start. That's just not author-like. Remember that the episodes are written solely to entertain and should not be taken seriously as the plot and its characters are purely fictitious. I may however include S.T.E.P.S for reference purposes.

I hope that you're interested in my idea and I'd be immensely appreciative if you allowed me to write up some episodes. I love writing and the horror genre is my favourite by far.

Oh! Before I forget... Any ghost stories posted on the site by members that really interest me may be incorporated into the main plot at some stage (not the whole story, but elements of it).

Thanks,
Sergeant Volt. What a Face

Interceptor likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://drakkena.forumotion.net
Interceptor
Admin
Interceptor

Number of posts : 59

A Simple Question Empty
PostSubject: Answering Your... Simple Question.   A Simple Question I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:55 am

Well... Although I did intend this Site as a More... Serious attempt at looking into the Supernatural/Paranormal , I suppose We could introduce a "Fictional" Side as well...? Rolling Eyes

(ie): For all those... Creative Individuals out there that wanted to share their particular Writing talents etc.

However... It would have to be a SEPERATE section from the Main Site itself , Or at least... Treated in that way , Shouldn't let the 2 drift into each Other... After all... This isn't a Role~Playing... Come Artistic... Expression Site.

I'll set up... A seperate AREA for You and Others to Use for this purpose... Okay? Wink

Last edited by Interceptor on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://steps.forumotion.net
Sergeant Volt
Co-Admin
Sergeant Volt

A Simple Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Simple Question   A Simple Question I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:55 am

Sounds good. Very Happy I understand where you're coming from though. I wasn't intending it to be part of the main site anyway.
Back to top Go down
mysticwolf777
Curious Newbie
mysticwolf777

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-21

A Simple Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Simple Question   A Simple Question I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:38 am

Seargent Volt, pleased to meet a fellow writer. I know I'd enjoy reading your work. I have a few short stories in the horror genra that I may add myself. This could be fun. Mysticwolf
Back to top Go down
Sergeant Volt
Co-Admin
Sergeant Volt

A Simple Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Simple Question   A Simple Question I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:31 am

First of all, welcome to the site, Mysticwolf. Smile I'm looking forward to reading some of your short stories. I must admit that it is really good to see another writer on the site. Looking forward to reading some more of your posts! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Simple Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Simple Question   A Simple Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Simple Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
S.T.E.P.S :: Other GROUPS & SITES..? :: ADVICE & QUESTIONS-
Jump to: